First off, Happy New Year everyone! We hope 2020 is off to a good start for you and yours!
The beginning of a new year seems to typically bring a wave of restored enthusiasm for all those little (or big) things you didn’t get to the year before. You start to see more people at the gym, eating better, trying something new, picking up an old hobby, etc. and honestly, it’s infectious. It’s the beginning of a new year and a great time to reflect, improve and strive towards a new set of goals! And as you can probably tell from our excitement (all the exclamation marks), here at RISE we are feeling rejuvenated, ready to take on 2020 and further push how we as an agency can better support participants and our community to thrive. With that being said, below are some of our goals for this year!
Here is a bit more information about these goals:
- Starting this month, RISE will begin the implementation of Motivational Interviewing. More than 35 staff and coaches will embark on the journey of learning MI, practicing/coaching MI skills and integrating MI into routine practice. MI fits with RISE’s mission and values, is linked to increased participant engagement and satisfaction with services and engages people in powerful change conversations. Our goal is to integrate this person-centered, evidence-based practice into all aspects of our work with participants at RISE.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is something that we have been working on for some time, but we know we can do more and NEED to do more. We will continue to deepen our focus on equity and inclusion at all levels within our agency. For example, one of our goals in this area is to have more staff of color/marginalized folks being hired into leadership positions. Watch for further announcements on our commitments and goals for 2020 in this area.
- We are exploring ways to expand peer support services. RISE is an advocate for having Peer Specialists and Parent Peer Specialists with lived experienced available to participants on their path to living a full life in the community.
- Trauma-informed care practices continues to be a top priority at RISE. The values of safety, trustworthiness, choice and empowerment drive all the work that we do.
- We are committed to adding psychiatric services to RISE to address continuous quality care for participants.
- Our Welcome Baby and Beyond program is super excited to collaborate with The Road Home and the YWCA, stay tuned to learn more on what that will look like!
- We know we rely on partnerships with others in serving participants, hence our wraparound approach! RISE is committed to ongoing outreach to partners to ensure that the systems serving program participants are cohesive and collaborative. We all need to work together to make positive change!
- Also, this year, we are working on improving collaboration with schools to better meet the social emotional needs of young people.
Well there you have it-some of our goals for this year. We are excited to delve into these to not only improve within the agency, but to enhance our skills, knowledge and passion we have for this work and to better support participants.
What are your goals for the year?