About Welcome Baby & Beyond
Welcome Baby & Beyond is a free, strengths-based home visiting program for pregnant women and parents or caregivers with children ages 0-5. Welcome Baby & Beyond builds confidence in parenting skills and helps caregivers understand their child’s developmental needs from birth to age 5. Welcome Baby & Beyond aims to promote a safe, healthy, and positive environment to support families and children. Welcome Baby supports parents and caregivers with:
- Addressing parenting questions and challenges through education, support, and connection to other resources
- Mental health support and screenings for parents and caregivers, and referrals to services, if desired
- Understanding their child’s developmental, social, and emotional needs
- Early childhood screenings to assess motor, language, speech, and development
- Information, guidance, and support for parents using the “Parents as Teachers” model, which helps parents learn and understand the developmental needs of their children and adopt parenting practices that support those needs
- Preparing children for school readiness
View the WBB program brochure in English here or en Español.
Eligibility Criteria & Referrals
- Parents or primary caregivers must live in Dane County
- Pregnant at the time of referral or
- Have a child under the age of 5
Parents or caregivers who are interested in learning more about Welcome Baby or making a self-referral should contact Zara Nehls at 608-729-1145.
With parent’s permission, referrals are also accepted from Meriter Hospital, SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, and other community providers. Complete the Welcome Baby & Beyond online referral form.
The online referral form is preferred, however if you need to fax a form due to HIPAA compliance, you can use these forms in English here or en Español.
Welcome Baby is funded by United Way of Dane County and private and individual donors.