Join other community members, parents, and professionals on Saturday, October 1st, 2016 for a day-long conference focusing on the experiences of children and youth who are transgender or gender expansive. The “Supporting Transgender & Gender Expansive Youth Conference” will focus on the personal experiences of families and students, as well as information on how our communities and schools can create a safe, healthy and welcoming space. The conference will cover a variety of topics including:
- Supporting a child’s mental health and suicide prevention
- How urban and rural schools can pro-actively become a “welcoming school,” as well as implement new Federal guidance regarding serving students who are transgender or gender expansive
- Open and affirming churches for families and youth
- Gender in early childhood
- Perspectives from medical providers currently serving youth who are transgender or gender expansive
For registration and details on this conference, visit the Eventbrite page or connect on Facebook.