About Welcome Baby & Beyond
Welcome Baby & Beyond is a free, strengths-based home visiting program for pregnant women and parents or caregivers with children ages 0-5. Welcome Baby & Beyond builds confidence in parenting skills and helps caregivers understand their child’s developmental needs from birth to age 5. Welcome Baby & Beyond aims to promote a safe, healthy, and positive environment to support families and children. Welcome Baby supports parents and caregivers with:
- Addressing parenting questions and challenges through education, support, and connection to other resources
- Mental health support and screenings for parents and caregivers, and referrals to services, if desired
- Understanding their child’s developmental, social, and emotional needs
- Early childhood screenings to assess motor, language, speech, and development
- Information, guidance, and support for parents using the “Parents as Teachers” model, which helps parents learn and understand the developmental needs of their children and adopt parenting practices that support those needs
- Preparing children for school readiness
Eligibility Criteria & Referrals
- Parents or primary caregivers must live in Dane County
- Pregnant at the time of referral or
- Have a child under the age of 5
Parents or caregivers who are interested in learning more about Welcome Baby or making a self-referral should contact Zara Nehls at 608-729-1145.
With parent’s permission, referrals are also accepted from Meriter Hospital, SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, and other community providers. Complete the Welcome Baby & Beyond referral form in English here or en Español.
Welcome Baby is funded by United Way of Dane County and private and individual donors.